Replacement Number Plates

£7.50 - £35.00 ex VAT

6 Pack of Adhesive Stickers



Are your number plates cracked, broken, faded or has marks obscuring the letters and numbers? If so, then they’re illegal and need to be replaced. Luckily FMF Coatings is here to help – we can make you some shiny new or replacement registration plates. We can also make you an extra set of car number plates if you’re towing, or using a rear-mount cycle carrier.

FMF Coatings is registered with the DVLA as a supplier of legal UK number plates, meaning that all of our new and replacement number plates are completely road legal.


What documents do I need to for Replacement Number Plates?

To get your number plates made you’ll need to send the right documents to to get your new plates. The law states that you must provide current proof of identity and proof of entitlement to the registration mark quoted in order to get replacement number plates.

At least one original document from each of the lists below is required for us to supply you with a legal number plate – i.e. you need to send one document listed under ‘proof of identity’, and one from the list ‘proof of entitlement’, required by the DVLA to prove that you are allowed to display the plate. Together, the two documents must let us check your name, address and vehicle entitlement. We only accept the following documents:

1. Proof of Identity:

Driving licence
Bank/Building Society statement issued within the last six months
Current utility, telephone or Council Tax bill issued within the last six months
National ID card issued by the Government of a state of territory other than the UK
Debit or credit card issued by a bank or building society
Police warrant card
Armed forces identity card
Remember – whichever Proof of Identity document you send us needs to show your name and address!

2. Proof of Entitlement:

A Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) (Please be aware only the new red V5C Certificates are accepted, and not the old blue V5 Certificates)
The tear-off slip (V5C/2) from (V5C section 10)
A Certificate of entitlement to a mark (V750)
A Cherished Transfer Retention Certificate (V778)
A Vehicle Licence Renewal (V11)
A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
An Authorisation Certificate (V948) from DVLA Local Office with official DVLA stamp, or a downloaded hard copy of the eV948 (Unfortunately we cannot accept forms shown to us on phones.)
A letter of authorisation from Fleet Operators (including a lease/hire company). The letter must quote the document reference number from the V5C
For us to get your registration plates made, you may sometimes need to provide a third document if the two documents brought into store do not show your address. For example, if you bring a debit card and V948 into store, neither document shows where you live – so you’d need to bring in another listed document for proof of address.


Please note: These are legal guidelines imposed by the DVLA, and sadly we can’t provide you with new or replacement registration plates without the correct documents!